Here are some ways to save money on gasoline
1. Fill up at the gas station when it is cooler. The density of gasoline is greater when it is cooler so the amount of gasoline (molecules) you get will be higher.
2. Accelerate smoothly...no jack rabbit starts. This may save around 5%.
3. Remove unnecessary heavy items from your car. That extra weight is dragging your fuel efficiency down.
4. If you will be idling for more than a minute, consider turning off your engine.
5. Close the windows on the highway. Open windows can increase the car's drag.
6. Keep it around 55. Every mile per hour over 55 mph decreases your fuel economy.
7. Maintain a steady speed when you can.
8. Slow down by easing up on the accelerator when you see a stop sign in the distance. Most people accelerate until they get to the stop sign and then press the break. This is a waste of gasoline. You are literally "braking" the bank.
So on your way to work tomorrow...take out those boxes of books before you leave, stop by the gas station before it gets too warm, accelerate smoothly, drive the speed limit close the windows and cruise at a steady speed when possible and shut the engine off if you are waiting in your car for a long period of time.
Get more money saving ideas at SeaOfMoney.com.